Wildlife and rodent control can be a persistent and frustrating issue for many property owners in the Capital Region. These sneaky little guys will find creative ways to get into your home all year round (although you may notice them more in the winter, when they’re seeking shelter and warmth). Once rodents arrive, they will likely stay until they are forced out. Like any pest issue, the longer it takes to address it, the worse the rodent or mouse problem will get.
If you’re looking for how to prevent rodents from entering your home and how to keep rodents out, our Wildlife & Rodent Attention Protective System (WRAPS) is the rodent prevention service for you. The key to keeping mice out, along with other rodents, is eliminating all potential entry points into your home. For effective mouse control and rodent control, our Capital Region pest control experts will evaluate potential access points around your home and review the best rodent and wildlife prevention solution customized to your needs.
How to prevent rodents and mice
There are several steps that can be taken for rodent and mouse prevention:
- Exclude entry from gaps or flaws on the exterior of the building where siding or framing meets the foundation.
- Once the weather begins to cool, remove window A/C units and fans.
- Inspect door and window frames to ensure they are in good condition.
- Make sure garage doors are aligned and closed promptly after use. Remember, even a gap of ¼ inch can provide access and spark a mouse problem.
- Add screens to roofing and dryer vents.
- Replace worn door sweeps.
- Keep firewood away from your house.
- Seal gaps around entry points for HVAC, utility lines, and plumbing.
Contact Attention Pest Solutions to learn more about our Wildlife & Rodent Attention Protective System. We offer rodent prevention and wildlife prevention in the areas of Saratoga Springs NY, Saratoga County, Albany NY, Albany County, Washington County, Fulton County, Warren County, Schenectady County and Montgomery County.