Happy Summer! Are you enjoying your pool and yard, or are pests ruining the fun? Summer is when a variety of pests are very active. You are likely seeing stinging insects, mosquitoes, ticks and many other pests. The good news is there are steps you can take to help reduce the populations of these pests around your home.
Consider the following summer pest prevention tips:
- Keep your yard well-maintained including regular mowing, shrub trimming, and ensuring there is no remaining debris or leaf matter for pests to hang out in
- Clean up immediately after your BBQs and outdoor eating so that you aren’t attracting pests with leftover food and drinks
- Make sure garbage and recycling cans remain closed
- Clean your gutters to avoid standing water that mosquitoes could lay eggs in
- Change the water in your bird bath often to guard against mosquito eggs
- Keep your pool properly maintained (you guessed it – for mosquito prevention)
- Seal cracks and crevices in your home’s foundation and repair any holes in window screens so pests can’t get in
- Be observant and routinely check for signs of pest activity around your home and in your yard
- Enlist the help of your local pest control company to evaluate your property’s needs and develop a preventative pest control program that is right for you
If you would like to learn about pest prevention options for your home, contact us to start the conversation. Attention Pest Solutions offers residential pest control and commercial pest control for Saratoga County, Albany County, Washington County, Fulton County, Warren County, Schenectady County and Montgomery County.