Yuck…rats! These unwanted rodents are fairly common in the Capital Region and can be a real nuisance if not properly dealt with. If you see a rat in your home, it is important to take immediate action. But before we discuss how to get rid of rats, let’s review the facts.
- Rats can fit through holes as small as a quarter.
- Rats have super strong teeth capable of chewing through aluminum, glass, wire and cinderblock.
- Food is a major motivator for rats and they find it through smell, taste, touch and even sound.
- Hide the water because rats can swim.
- Rats keep cool through the blood vessels in their tails.
- Rats chew a lot to grind their teeth down, which never stop growing.
- Female rats give birth to a litter of 6-10 pups typically.
- A group of rats is known as a mischief.
- Rats can spread over 35 diseases.
- When they play, rats actually laugh which sounds like a chirp.
How to Get Rid of Rats:
Effectively eliminating rats requires a thorough approach. Attention Pest Solutions’ rodent program targets rats to get rid of them for good. We perform a complete inspection of the interior and exterior of your home to identify rodent activity. Based on our inspection, we install a tamper resistant rodent baiting system, perform minor exclusion (or pest-proofing) on the outside of your home to aid in the prevention of future activity, and clean up rodent droppings as well as implement other measures that will get rid of the rats. When you partner with us for rodent control, we will return to your home every other month to maintain your rodent-free home!
Contact us today for a free inspection. Attention Pest Solutions offers residential pest control and commercial pest control for Saratoga County, Albany County, Washington County, Fulton County, Warren County, Schenectady County and Montgomery County.